Methods to restore HP Compaq®-6710b manually
What are the ways to restore HP Compaq-6710B manually?
After having used your HP Compaq-6710B laptop for a long period of time, you may realize that its hard drive is filled with redundant files and folders, and many of them may even be infected files, which are gravely dangerous. Virus programs downloaded from the Internet also have the capability to multiply; this will pose a threat to even those files which aren’t infected as yet. In such situations, you can opt to restore your HP Compaq-6710B PC to an earlier state, where it was performing well, instead of formatting it completely.
Restoring the HP Compaq-6710B laptop to an early state has a few benefits over formatting the PC completely or restoring it to its original factory settings. This includes:
- Not letting the restoration process completely erase all data
- Having the access to all apps and programs installed till that particular date
- Refreshing your PC and relieving it from all virus and malware
There are two ways in which you can manually restore HP Compaq-6710B to an early date. This includes restoring it from the Desktop and restoring it from the Command Prompt. Let us take up each at a time and then you can see for yourself, which one would best suit your expertise and preference.
Restoring from the Command Prompt
You need to have good technical understanding of your PC in order to restore it from the Command Prompt. Use the below mentioned steps to successfully do it:
- Â Restart your HP Compaq-6710B PC
- Â As soon as the OS logo (Microsoft Windows logo) appears, press the ‘F8’ Key on the keyboard
- Â Scroll down the list that will now appear to reach the ‘Safe Mode Command Prompt Only’ option
- Â Hit ‘Enter’ to select it
- Â Once the OS loads up and you are able to see the Command Prompt’s black window, type "%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe"
- Â Hit ‘Enter’
- Â If you want to restore your PC to a particular date, you can select it now from the list of dates that will now be displayed; select the one you are confident of that your HP Compaq was perfectly working (you can choose from the calendar that will show up)
- Â Click on the ‘Next’ option and then click on ‘Ok’
- Â This will start the system restore process (you may have to reload the apps and programs that you had set up on your PC subsequent to the restored date)
- Â Restart the PC and continue with your tasks
The second way to restore your HP Compaq 6710b PC manually is by using the Desktop tools.
- Â Boot your PC and let the OS to load
- Â Go to the Windows icon and choose ‘Programs’
- Â Select the ‘Accessories’ folder and further select ‘System Tools’ by double-clicking on it
- Â Select the ‘System Restore’ option
- Â Once the window opens up prompting you to select a restoration date; click the radio button mentioning the date of your choice (you can choose from the calendar that will show up)
- Â Select the ‘Next’ button and then on ‘OK’ to begin the restoration process
- Â Restart the PC for the changes to apply (you may have to reload the apps and programs that you had set up on your PC subsequent to the restored date)
Tips to restore HP Compaq 6710b
- HP Compaq 6710b has the capacity to create automatic restore points. These points are highlighted in bold and displayed to you in the Calendar that you have used to select the restore date.
- If the OS has completely crashed or it has been irreparably damaged, you can opt to restore the PC to its original factory settings.
- If the situation with your HP Compaq PC isn’t so grim, you can restore it to an early date and save the data and programs from getting completely erased.
- To prevent data loss, backup all the important files, folders, settings, etc in a USB device or a CD/DVD to be used later.
Keep this article handy to refer to at times when you may have to opt for restoring your HP Compaq 6710b PC. By following the steps and the practical tips mentioned above, you can easily restore your PC. However, if you require technical support to be able to do it, simply dial our number and let an iYogi tech expert handle it for you.
Call toll free 1 855 461 6161