HP Compaq® nc6220 Notebook Review
Product Review Summary
HP Compaq nc6220 is a thin and lightweight notebook that is available at an affordable price. This notebook possesses a 14.1 in TFT active matrix widescreen display that delivers a maximum resolution up to 1024 x 768 dpi. Intel Centrino platform technology is used in this notebook. The processor used in this notebook is Intel Pentium M 740 that has a clock frequency 1.73 GHz.
HP Compaq nc6220 Notebook is extremely lightweight and slim. The dimension of this notebook is 12.4 in x 10.1 in x 1.1 in (WDH) and it weighs only 5.1 pounds. HP Compaq nc6220 Notebook suits well for the business class people as well as for common users. Mobile Intel 915GM Express chipset is used in this notebook to deliver proficient backup for your processor and memory.
The maximum memory supported by HP Compaq nc6220 Notebook is 2 GB and it comes with an installed 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM of 400.0 MHz. Memory Specification Compliance of this notebook is PC2-3200. HP Compaq nc6220 Notebook is provided with portable 40 GB hard disk drive of IDE storage controller. This notebook is provided with a DVD optical drive and memory card reader that supports flash memory cards, like SD and MMC. It also features Smart Card security, Security lock slot and HP ProtectTools Embedded Security and Trusted Computing Platform Alliance (TCPA) module. The input devices or interface provided are keyboard, touchpad and pointing stick. For graphics support, HP Compaq nc6220 Notebook uses Intel GMA 900 with Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0.
- FIVE –Â Key software programsThe operating system used in HP Compaq nc6220 Notebook is Microsoft Windows XP. It also includes some important software programs, like Sonic RecordNow, HP ProtectTools Security Manager, InterVideo WinDVD, and other drivers and utilities.
- FOUR –Â Good battery backup6-cell lithium ion battery is used in HP Compaq nc6220 Notebook. It is preinstalled with one such unit and also offers to add an extra pack also. The power capacity of this notebook is 4800.0 mAH. This battery offers a working time almost 4.5 hours.
- THREE –Â Networking abilitiesFor networking, HP Compaq nc6220 Notebook comes with wired and wireless networking capabilities. Wired networking is possible with use of integrated Ethernet LAN (10/100/1000) port and for wireless networking it uses Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG.11n module. They are compliant to IEEE 802.11g and IEEE 802.11b standards.
- TWO –Â Superior Intel SpeedStep technologySuperior Intel SpeedStep is a revolutionary technology that is intended for tolerating very high performance notwithstanding the power-saving requirements of mobile systems. It reallocates both voltage and frequency in sequence among high and low levels in replay to processor’s work load.
- ONE – Â Execute Disable Bit technologyThe processor used in this notebook uses Execute Disable Bit technology, which is a hardware-related protection feature that diminishes the revelation of your system to threats, like viruses and malicious code attacks. It also avoids unsafe software from performing and flourishing on any network.
HP Compaq nc6220 Notebook is ENERGY STAR qualified which make it really power efficient. HP Compaq nc6220 Notebook with advanced software and hardware configuration can make your computing easier and superior.