Tech support to resolve issues related to black screen in HP EliteBook® 8440p laptop
PC issue, no matter how small or big, is always a frustrating and annoying experience. Your HP EliteBook 8440p laptop may be the best machine to work on, with its robust settings and features, nevertheless, the moment you face an error while working on it, all the fun and pleasure will appear as never existed. If you are reading this article either means that you are actually looking for ways to come out of the black screen of error phase or you want to gain knowledge on the particular error just to be aware of. If it is the latter, count your blessings yet; if it is the former, this certainly isn’t the end of the world. Read the tips and methods described here that you can use to fix the error and maybe you too can resolve the problem in the next sometime.
What is the Black Screen of Death error?
When you boot your HP EliteBook 8440p laptop and you are unable to see anything on the screen except for the black color, it means that your PC has encountered the Black Screen of Death error (BlSOD). This error occurs in a PC due to a number of reasons including:
- It is currently in the Sleep-mode
- The display of the laptop has cracked
- The display chip of the PC has been disrupted
- The backlight bulb is not working
Many a times a user may feel that the BlSOD error has occurred on his HP EliteBook 8440p laptop and he will have to purchase a new one to replace it. However, although it may sound tricky, troubleshooting this issue isn’t a difficult matter at all. You can easily resolve it; however, you must first ensure that the issue is actually with the machine and not the screen. If it is just the screen that is acting up, you needn’t get into the details of fixing the BlSOD error; simply by fixing the screen you should be able to get the display back on your HP EliteBook 8440p laptop.
How to resolve the BlSOD error?
- Press any key and check that the laptop isn’t in a sleep mode; if it is, pressing a key will bring it back to its normal state.
- If it doesn’t return, check the screen to see if it is damaged; to fix it you may have to get in touch with HP.
- Make sure that the switch that holds the lid is in working condition; if there is an issue with the switch, it may prevent the screen from lighting up.
- Now that you are sure that your laptop is indeed facing the BlSOD error, you can:
- Turn off your laptop by pressing the ‘Power’ button for about 5 to 10 seconds to forcefully shut it down.
- Press the ‘F2’ or ‘Delete’ key from your keyboard to enter the BIOS (Basic Input Output System).
- Select your first boot device as your default hard drive in which you have installed the operating system.
- Save all the changes and reboot your PC again.
- After resolving the black screen issue, you can configure your laptop’s display settings and work on your laptop efficiently and effectively.
This should essentially fix the black screen issue in your HP EliteBook 8440p laptop. If you are not able to fix it yet, dial the iYogi toll free number and let a tech expert help you. Our technicians are well-trained to resolve HP PC issues and can fix your black screen issue in no time. We are available 24/7, call us as per your convenience.