Easy Steps to Remove and Replace Optical Drive on HP Envy 15
The process of removing and replacing the optical drive, also called the DVD drive, on your HP Envy 15 notebook is very easy and can be done in no time. However, to ensure that everything goes in the right direction, it is important that you follow the right method.
Before you begin with the process, here are a few things that you need to have or follow up with:
- Philips head screwdriver and a non-metallic prying tool.
- Turn off the computer. Disconnect the Ethernet or modem cable and the power cord.
- Take your notebook to a clear flat, stable work surface.
- Do not remove any component from its protective packaging until you are ready to install it.
Once you have ensured the above mentioned points and disconnected your computer from power, you can go on to remove the optical drive of your HP Envy 15 notebook.
Removing the optical drive
To remove the optical drive of your notebook, follow these steps:
- Begin by removing the battery of your notebook. To do so:
- Locate the battery lock latch identified by the lock icon given at the bottom of your notebook and slide it to the unlock position.
- Now, locate the battery release latch with a battery icon on it and slide it to the release position to partially eject the battery.
- Pull up the front edge of the battery and remove it from the battery bay of your notebook.
- Once you have removed the battery, remove the screws holding the optical drive.
- Using a small non-metallic tool, press the metal tab given on the rear edge of the optical drive to free it from the connector on the system board.
Now, as you have completed the removing process successfully, you are set to move on to the next step – replacing the optical drive with the new and the updated one.
Replacing the optical drive
- Insert the optical drive into the optical drive bay.
- Replace the screws holding the optical drive.
- As you are done with the replacing process, go on to replace the battery of your notebook. To do so:
- Insert the rear edge of the battery into the battery bay of your notebook and lower the battery until it is properly seated and the battery release latch clicks confirming that the battery has been replaced successfully.
- Now, slide the battery lock to the lock position to secure the battery from other damages.
With this, you are now set to use the latest optical drive on your HP Envy 15 notebook. However, while performing these steps, if you face problem or encounter any specific issue while running the optical drive on your HP notebook, don’t panic; just connect with our iYogi technicians and get instant relief from any technical problem. Our technicians are available round-the-clock to attend to your technical woes.