After establishing itself in notebook and tablet domains, American IT and electronics giant, HP (Hewlett Packard) is making it big this time in the digital signage business. Their latest entry into this domain is the HP VantagePoint system - a 132 inch wall-sized touchscreen display. This 11 feet wide and 7 feet high digital sign display will be used for high-end retail displays as well as for battlefield control rooms and corporate meetings.
HP VantagePoint gives the customers an amazingly interactive experience by helping them access videos, web feeds and other content on a large scale. This massive system is controlled by two computers, six monitors and one graphic card.
The display comprises following features:
• First multi-touch wall in the industry
• Ultra high resolution (4098x1536) that supports HD content
• 132” diagonal touch surface with up to 32 simultaneous touch points for multi-person applications
• 6HP LD4730G Ultra-Micro-Bezel Digital Signage Displays for 11x7 feet view
• Combined with D'Fusion (AR) software from Total Immersion
Priced at US$ 125,000, HP VantagePoint will fit really well with the high-end retail outlets that require jazzy and flashy displays. The display is sturdy and robust and easy to maintain as well.
The VP of HP innovation program office Carlos Montavlo said in an interview, “We want to transform the way businesses interact with customers. We’ve taken this from inception to a commercial grade product that can scale.” HP VantagePoint is highly robust commercial grade system meant for extended 24x7 operations.