Consumer Electronic Show 2012 (CES 2012) was the place where every IT giant gathered to showcase its new products. Everyone was making sure that their products got the limelight and thus attract maximum number of consumers attention. But Hewlett Packard (HP) did something different. Just before the show, HP launched its new range of consumer PCs named HP Omni27.
HO Omni27 is an all-in-one PC. The monitor of HP Omni27 measures 27 inches diagonally, and HP has renamed its TouchSmart software as Magic Canvas.
Here are the features of HP Omni27:
1) It can work on PCs even without touchscreens. It can also be installed on all newly released models like this.
2) Its flat-panel display features edge-to-edge glass and tilts up to 25 degrees.
3) With Magic Canvas, the user can access the 'Start' menu and all the Windows apps.
4) It comes with extremely user-friendly shortcuts.
5) It allows the users to expand the desktop horizontally to accommodate photos, videos and applications.
6) The user gets unlimited numbers of home screens for pinning notes and keeping documents open.
7) Just a right click on the screen will help the user to bring up the search screen.
8) It has the look of Mobile OS rather than a Windows 7 desktop or laptop operating system.
9) It is powered by multicore processors, advanced HD graphics and up to 2TB of storage.
Pricing and Availability
It is already available in the U.S. from 8 January. The cost of HP Omni27 all-in-one PCs starts at US$ 1,199.99.
Have a look at its video.