Tips to Play a CD on DVD Player attached with a HP Computer
Are you trying to play a CD on a DVD Player attached with your HP computer? CD (Compact Disc) and DVD (Digital Versatile/Video Disc) have almost similar functionalities with noticeable differences. They make use of optical laser technology to play multimedia files.
You can store about 700 MB of data in a CD against 4.7 GB in a DVD. You can use DVD for storing and playing various videos and programs. Ideally you need a multimedia player for burning the CD or DVD and accessing the files stored on them. A DVD player can play both CDs and DVDs, while a CD player can play only CDs. That’s why you can choose to use a DVD player over the latter.
Most HP desktops and laptops come with an installed DVD player. If not, you can choose to upgrade the CD player to a DVD player as well. If you have a DVD player attached with your HP computer, and you want to play a CD, here are some easy to follow tips that you can use:
- First, figure out the DVD player on your HP PC. Generally, you find the DVD Player on the front of the CPU or at the right hand side of HP laptops.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button and select ‘Computer’. Now, right-click on the icon named DVD-drive of your HP computer and select ‘Eject’ from the menu that appears.
- This will open the DVD drive of your computer.
- Now, insert the CD you want to play in the tray of the DVD player. While you place it, make sure that the shiny part of the CD is facing downward.
- Push the tray gently to run the CD.
- If you have enabled the Auto Play option, an auto play window will appear on the monitor. Select ‘Open folder to view files’ to see the listed files on the CD. Double click the listed audio or video file on the CD.
- You can also directly play the files by selecting ‘Play’ from the Auto Play window.
Wasn’t it easy? In case, you’re still not able to play the CD with the DVD player attached to your HP computer, give a call to iYogi. iYogi technicians are remote tech support providers for all your HP PC and other tech related queries. Give a call 24x7 to fix any issue related to multimedia software on your PC.