How to Install HP DeskJet D2545 in Windows 8?
Here is the step by step solution for installing the HP DeskJet D2545 printer on a wireless network on your Windows 8-based computer. If have more than one computer on the network, you need to install the printer software on each computer to start sharing the printer.
There are two methods to install your HP DeskJet D2545 printer on a wireless network. These methods are - the HP Auto Wireless Connect method and the USB wireless setup method.
Step One: Preparing for Installation
- Before you install the HP DeskJet D2545 printer on the wireless network on Windows 8 based computer, you must have the following items handy:
- Network Name, which is the SSID
- Security Passphrase (WEP Key or WPA)
- A computer which is connected to an wireless network
- Internet Access
- Wireless cable printer
- Ensure that the computer, printer and router are all turned ‘On’ and the computer is connected to the same wireless network where you wish to install the printer.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable connected to the printer.
- If you had earlier installed the software for an USB connection and want to now change it to the wireless network, you have to remove the USB installation before you start with the installation for the wireless network. Here’s how you do it…
- Right click on the Start button and then click on Search.
- Type HP in the Search box and then click on the Printer icon from the search results. The printer software will now open up.
- Click on Utilities and then click on the Printer Setup and Software Selection.
- Click on the Convert a USB connected printer to Wireless or Connect a new printer.
- Now, you can follow the on screen instructions to finish the installation process. Once the HP DeskJet D2545 printer has been set up in the wireless network, consider your task done and you need not follow the instructions in this write-up.
Step Two: Downloading and Installing the Printer Software
Follow the steps to download the software and then install it. If you have the installation CD, you can straight away install the software from the CD itself. If you don’t have the installation CD you need to download it.
Here’s how you do it…
- Turn the HP DeskJet D2545 printer ‘On’.
- If the USB cable is connected to the printer and computer, disconnect it. But if the printer is connected to the wireless network, let it remain so.
- Now, go to HP Support – Software & Drivers.
- When the printer model is identified, the Software & Drivers page will display.
- Now, select your operating system from the drop down menu and then click on search. Once done, a list of drivers and download options will be displayed.
- Now go to Driver – Product Installation Software and then click Download.
- Once done, if an HP Download and Install Assistant window is displayed, select Use HP Download and Install Assistant or select Download only and click on Next.
- Now follow the on screen instructions to save the drivers of the HP DeskJet D2545 printer to your document.
- If you have used the Download only option, you need to open or run the driver file and continue following the instructions on screen to install the software.
Step Three: Selecting the Wireless Connection Setup
To connect the HP DeskJet D2545 printer to your wireless network, use any of the two options available, which so ever is displayed on your computer.
Option One – The HP Auto Wireless Connect screen display, which is for initial setup only.
- Select Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer, and click on Next.
- Once done, follow the on screen prompts to complete the installation of the software and the wireless network setup for the HP DeskJet D2545 printer.
Option Two – The Wireless Setup using a USB connection screen displays
- If the Wireless Setup Using a USB connection appears, then connect the USB cable and click on Next.
- But if the printer is already connected to your network, select The Printer is already connected to the wireless network. To complete the setup, follow the instructions that are provided on screen.
Once done, your HP DeskJet D2545 printer on a Windows 8 based computer is ready to be used on a wireless network. Now wasn’t that easy? Do share with us your experience of installing the HP DeskJet D2545 printer. If you are facing any difficulty during the installation process, call iYogi technicians and get assistance to resolve the problems.