HP Slate 7 Camera Tips with Camera Zoom FX
One of the favorite components in a tablet or smartphone is the camera and if you have recently got HP Slate 7, then you definitely want to use its camera to the best capacity.
HP Slate 7 has both a front facing and rear camera, however the resolution of both cameras varies a bit. The front camera in HP Slate 7 is VGA while the rear camera is 3MP. Don’t be disappointed thinking that your smartphone has a stronger camera. Click some photos and check out the picture quality. You will be surprised that HP Slate 7 takes quite good quality pictures.
However, there is a limitation as well. The HP Slate 7 does not come with a mechanical shutter button and you need to touch the round, blue circle to snap away. Doesn’t sound pretty comfortable, right?
Apps to support the camera
Though HP Slate 7 can’t do much to improve this, at least for now, there is an app called Camera Zoom FX that does the trick. This app turns your entire screen into a big blue button and you can just about tap anywhere on the screen to take a photo.
There are also many add-on packs that expand the ability of the app with filters, frames, stickers etc. however, this app is not free. It comes at a price of $2.99 for the full version.
Here is how to get it working:
1. Open the Camera Zoom FX app and then touch the Settings icon. Click on the Focus mode.
2. Tap on the second option, ‘Click anywhere to auto-focus and take photo’.
The app Camera Zoom FX comes with 7 shooting modes; Normal, Stable Shot, Timer, Voice Activated, Burst, Collage, and Time Lapse. To capture the best shot, select the ‘Stable Shot’ mode. If you want to take a group photo, you can select Timer delay or even a Voice Activated mode.
Save images in microSD Card
HP Slate 7 does not let you store your images by default in your microSD card. However, with Camera Zoom FX app, it is quite simple. Here is how to go about it.
1. Open Camera Zoon FX and touch on the Settings icon.
2. Scroll down and touch on All Settings
3. Now just tap on the Save button
4. You will now see Camera folder. Tap Manual under it.
5. Select the folder, where you want your photos stored.
6. Touch the folder icon with “…” to go to the directory level.
7. You will find the external microSD card is /mnt/external_sd. Find this and then just tap on it.
8. Select the folder where you want the photos to be shared.
If you get stuck with any problem while using the camera in HP Slate 7, then just call us and our technicians will fix the issue in no time.