Tips to Root the HP Slate 7
Sometimes we need to make some changes in our Android tablet that requires administrator access. But how to go about it? If you want to root your HP Slate 7 then these tips can help you get it done. Check out how to root HP Slate 7 tablet on your own.
What is rooting?
Before you start making changes in your HP Slate 7, let’s see what’s exactly rooting?
Rooting is simply making changes from the administrative mode on your Android device. Once you root your device, you will be able to make changes to customize your tablet the way you want. Some basic things that can be done by rooting are:
- Remove preinstalled apps that came inbuilt with your device.
- Free up storage space, since you can get rid of unnecessary apps.
- Increase battery life, once more by removing apps that are always running in background.
- Improve performance, again due to less apps to run.
- Update to a new version of Android
How to root HP Slate 7
Follow these steps to root HP Slate 7 tablet.
1. Download Shuame software before you start rooting your tablet
2. After successful download, double click on Shuame Root Tool executable file and follow the installation process.
3. Double click on the shortcut icon and launch the tool.
4. You now need to enable USB debugging of your tablet. For this go to Menu>Settings>Developer options>USB debugging.
5. Connect your tablet to your PC via USB cable.
6. You will see a list of icons in front of you. Click on the 4th icon in the first row and then 4th icon in 2nd row.
7. This should now start rooting HP Slate 7 tablet.
8. Go to Google Play Store and install SuperSU on your HP Slate 7 tablet.
9. Now launch SuperSU. It would ask, if you want to update SU binaries. Click ‘Yes’ and let it run.
10. Once more go to Google Play Store. Download and install Root Explorer on your HP Slate 7.
11. Launch this app.
12. Go to ‘/system/apps/directory’ and delete APKs that was placed by the root tool. These APKs will be in Chinese so you will be able to identify it.
Great going! You have successfully rooted your HP Slate 7.
Note: Please note that once you have rooted your HP Slate 7 the warranty on your tablet will end. This is simply because you have changed the factory settings and created your own custom settings that can sometimes cause issues with the tablet.