Wi-Fi Connection Problems in HP Slate 7
Have you recently got HP Slate 7 but are facing Wi-Fi connection problems? Here is the step by step solution to fix common Wi-Fi connection problems that come in HP Slate 7.
Wi-Fi network connection on HP Slate 7 tablet
Before you start off, you need to know that HP Slate 7 only connects to 2.4 Gigahertz (GHz) band wireless networks. If you have a router that is 5GHz then your HP tablet is not going to recognize the network and will be unable to connect. Once you have set your band to 2.4 GHz, follow these steps:
1. Touch the App apps icon and then touch the Settings icon.
2. Go to the Wireless and Networks section and then touch Wi-Fi.
3. If the Wi-Fi connection is off, then touch the Wi-Fi OFF/ON indicator and turn it on.
4. You should be able to see a list of available networks. Select the one you want to connect to.
5. Now touch the password field to display on the on-screen keyboard and punch in the password and any other required information.
6. Touch to connect.
7. The network and password are automatically saved. However, if you want to forget the password, then just select the Wi-Fi and just touch forget.
Set up a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection on your HP tablet
Another Wi-Fi connection problem that occurs in HP Slate 7 is setting up a virtual private network (VPN). Before you set up a VPN connection, you need to select a pattern, PIN or password for the HP Slate 7 lock screen.
1. Select a pattern, PIN or password for the tablet lock screen.
2. Go to the All Apps icon and then tap on the Settings icon.
3. Go to the Wireless and Networks section and then touch More…
4. Now touch VPN
5. Touch ‘Add VPN profile’
6. Put in the required VPN information
7. Touch Save
Configure proxy settings on HP Slate 7 Tablet
Sometimes certain networks require setting up proxy settings as a part of setting up Wi-Fi connection. Follow the below steps to add proxy information and connect HP Slate 7 tablet to Wi-Fi connection.
1. Reach the All apps icon and then touch the Settings icon.
2. Go to the Wireless and Networks section and then touch the Wi-Fi.
3. If the Wi-Fi icon is OFF, tap on the OFF/ON indicator to turn it on.
4. Touch the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
5. Once you have added password, check mark to Show advanced options.
6. Touch the drop down menu next to proxy settings and then select manual.
7. You need to enter the proxy hostname, proxy port and any other information.
8. Tap to connect.